To ensure the microbiological requirements of drinking water, chlorine is often used – continuously or temporarily
Free chlorine is reactive and effective, but has a big disadvantage for water treatment technology. It destroys not only micro-organisms, but inevitably the membranes, too.
Free chlorine, chlorine dioxide and hypochlorite need to be eliminated before entering the Reverse Osmosis. The use of upstream activated carbon and dechlorite filters has proven to be efficient.
- Activated carbon safely removes organic chlorinated compounds
- The efficiency depends on the type of activated carbon and the contact time
- Due to the large surface a bacterial increase can be raised
- The required water quantity as well as the quantity of the organic contamination defines the size and the durability of the carbon filter
- The state of exhaustion needs to be checked continuously and the activated carbon needs to be changed annually
DWA RANGE –
The highest quality water treatment solutions ‘Made in Germany’ for dialysis centers worldwide
Submit your e-mail and be granted access to all the DWA product brochures.